What Does Crank And No Start Mean?
If you are having trouble starting your car, there are several things a mechanic is going to ask when troubleshooting the issue. One of those will be if your engine is cranking but not starting. This may sound strange, but it will all make sense shortly.
What does crank and no start meant? For starters, there are two parts to the question that you need to understand:
- Crank: This word essentially means trying to start the engine. To crank the engine means that the car is trying to start and appears to be able to turn over, but it is not starting. It's good if your engine cranks because this means that you can rule out a bad starter.
- No Start: This part of the statement is self-explanatory. It means that, although the engine cranks, it does not start. Check under the hood of the car for any obvious fixes, but anything more than that should be taken to a professional mechanic for inspection.
Troubleshooting the Issue
If the car cranks and does not start, you will need to figure out what is stopping the car from starting. There are three issues that could cause your vehicle's engine to turn over but not start:
- Ignition issues could be a possible cause for your car refusing to start. If your ignition is defective, you could need to replace a spark plug if your current one is too weak. Another possible issue with the ignition could indicate a problem in the vehicle's firing order or ignition timing.
- Fuel injectors could be the possible culprit behind no start. If your fuel injectors are defective, they could be disrupting the air to fuel ratio, which would cause a major problem when trying to start the vehicle. It's essential that your car receive the proper amount of fuel in order to perform at its best.
- Low compression in the air and fuel mixture could definitely cause your car to not start. This is because the fuel cylinder with low compression is not getting hot enough to start the combustion process, which stops the vehicle from starting.
It is very important that you take good care of your vehicle in order to ensure you are safe when driving it. When the vehicle struggles to turn on, it is a sign that something is wrong. You should take your car to a mechanic, like auto repair by Allan's Alignment & Frame Service (1989) Ltd, and have them look at the issue before the problem becomes worse.